Essentia Health Lake Superior Open 2023
The Essentia Health Lake Superior Open will be taking place on June 23-25, 2023 in Duluth, MN. Registration for this event will become live on December 1st, 2022.
Essentia Health Lake Superior Open Schedules, Results & Rules
2023 Essentia Health Lake Superior Open Dates
The 2023 Lake Superior Open will be held the weekend of June 23-25th.
- December 1st Registration becomes live
- March 1st- Prices increase
- May 15th- Registration will close
- June 4th- Last date to change registration level.
- June 12th- Online check in process sent to managers.
- June 19th- Online check in process is complete and rosters are finalized (exceptions can be made on a team by team basis)
- June 21st- Schedule released
Brackets and results for the 2023 Lake Superior Open are posted under schedules
Online Check In
Below are the links to the online check in for the 2022 Lake Superior Open
Rules & Guidelines
=LSO 2023 Rules.docx (Full Version)
Teams will need up-to-date rosters or player passes to check in with the referees at the field.
Tournament rules shall be the laws of the game as set forth by FIFA and as adjusted by the Tournament Committee. This tournament is open to all MYSA and National competitive teams including MYSA approved tournament only teams, which will be considered as Classic 1 teams.
- The City of Duluth owns and maintains the Jean Duluth and Arlington soccer complexes.
- TOBACCO USE OR USE OF ALCOHOL/DRUGS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AT ANY OF THE TOURNAMENT SITES. THERE ARE NO PETS ALLOWED AT THE FIELDS.
- If pets are brought to the tournament, they must stay outside the field boundaries and fences.
Clothing will be sold at Jean Duluth, Arlington, and Stebner complexes. There will be no clothing sales at Duluth East so please plan accordingly. If you plan to pre-ordered clothing, the team manager will be given that upon check-in.
Severe Weather Policy»
The Lake Superior Open will be following the MYSA weather Guidelines.
• If weather or the condition of the fields makes it impossible to carry out the tournament
to its full extent, the Tournament Directors will make the necessary decisions
concerning rearrangement or cancellation of games for any reason. If there is lightening
in the area of the fields and if the weather could cause risk to participants and fans,
games will be suspended for a period of 30 minutes. A siren will sound indicating that
everyone must leave the field. Following the MYSA mandated stoppage, the tournament
director and site coordinator will make the decision whether the match can resume. If
games cannot be restarted, score at stoppage will be the final score.
• We reserve the right to shorten and/or cancel games as deemed necessary. Games that
cannot start due to weather will be scored a 0-0 tie. The Lake Superior Open will follow
the MYSA weather Guidelines.
• Tournament Officials will monitor the heat index (via weather radio, online, or the
Weather Channel) and will inform field marshals, teams and game officials of the heat
index status. Coaches are encouraged to also monitor the conditions. The following are
the tournament guidelines when there is a chance of dangerously high heat index status
• Heat Index…Recommended Guidelines
Up to 89°…Normal Play
90° – 99°…Mandatory 2 minute water breaks per half with running time. Each half
shortened by 5 minutes
100° – 105°…Mandatory 2 minute water breaks per half with running time. Each half
shortened by 10 minutes