East Select Soccer – Information for Pre-Tryout Meetings & Tryouts
ESS 2022 Tryout information
All try outs will be held at Duluth East High School.
U9/U10 Jamboree Boys and Girls (Tournament only)
U11 Boys and Girls (Tournament only)
U12 Boys (Tournament only/MYSA option)
U12 Girls (MYSA)
U13 Girls (MYSA MN1)
U14 Boys (MYSA MN1)
U15 Girls (MYSA MN1)
U18 Girls (MYSA MN1/Premier II)
For more information on teams: CLICK HERE
If you are unable to attend your scheduled session please contact Sarah Wilmot (email@example.com) to arrange for a makeup session at a later date.
|BIRTH YEAR||AGE GROUP|
- Under 10 players – teams will be filled with age-appropriate players – and playing levels will be offered based on the number of players registered.
- No players will be “cut” at the U9 or U10 provided we have enough room on the rosters, however, there may be players who don’t have roster spot. The MYSA mandates the roster numbers and we must follow those rules. Players not making a roster can participate in the Youth Development Program and other training opportunities offered by ESS.
- Teams will be organized based on tryout performance and coaches recommendations.
- Inform coaches if you are injured or if you have any special circumstances.
- Inform coaches if you need to go to an alternate session due to a conflict in your schedule.
- East Select Soccer will make every effort to provide a place to play to as many players as it can under MYSA rules. ESS reserves the right to keep the full or partial fee if a player quits after signing up and going through the tryout process. Team fees are figured by taking into account the expenses and the number of players on each team, so when a player quits that increases the cost for all participants. When a player quits after making the team – they have taken the spot from another player that was cut. Under most circumstances that player can’t be signed up at a later date so then ESS must absorb the cost.
- Full fees will be full or partially reimbursed in the case where injuries, a family move, or other unforeseen circumstances arise. This will be decided by the board on a case-by-case basis.
- In the event that a player should decide to quit or transfer to another placement prior to December 1st, there will be no additional costs to the family as we have then been notified prior to submitting rosters.
- ESS reserves the right to “SELECT” players based on prior playing experience, coaches recommendations, and other factors.
- Keep in mind – ESS is run by VOLUNTEERS, the program makes every effort to be sensitive to cuts and will attempt to communicate to potential players and parents to the best of their ability. We do not profess to be perfect but will do our best to.
What Coaches Will Look For
- Athletic ability – physical characteristics like speed, quickness
- Heading – fearless, attacking the ball
- Shooting – proper technique and accuracy
- Finishing – composure around the net, don’t panic
- Passing – Accurate, composed and proper body position
- Trapping – under control and purposeful direction
- Soccer Sense – understands the game, rules, & strategies
- Sportsmanship – towards referees, opponents, & coaches
- Movement – what you do without the ball
- Enthusiasm – your passion for the game
League Play & Tournaments
What to Expect
- Competitive soccer offers local players the opportunity to compete against skilled teams from inside and outside the area.
- Competitive soccer includes more practice and development work and requires more commitment from both players and parents.
- Teams could play between 5 away games in the Twin Cities on weekday evenings. (Can be less if other local teams compete in your league)
- ESS competitive programs use tryouts or selections to determine which players will participate.
- ESS teams may travel to one or more tournaments outside the Duluth area in addition to the Lake Superior Open hosted by ESS.
- All teams involved in this program will receive foreign professional coaching as a supplement to our own licensed and trained team coaches.