Below was the schedule for the 2019 trip to England, this will serve as a template for the 2021 trip but some of the dates and locations may change based on field availability, match dates, travel requirements etc.
Day 1 & 2- Depart from Duluth to Minneapolis and take a direct flight to London. From there take a bus to Kings Park where we stayed for the entire trip. With the time change this covers two calendar days of travel but in reality takes approximately 15 hours.
- For a link to Kings Park please click here:
- For memories from our 2019 trip on Day 1/2 please click here:
Day 3 & 4- Soccer training day at Newport Pagnell Town FC with Ryan Harris in the morning followed by a match with Northampton FC in the evening.
- For memories from our first two days of training, matches and team bonding with Northampton FC please click here:
Day 5- Travel to Warwick Castle and take part in the Dungeon Tour as well as tour the oldest castle in England.
- For a link to Warwick Castle please click here:
- To see memories from Warwick Castle please click here:
Day 6- Tour St. George’s Park, home of the British National Team and get a training from staff coach Mike Thorpe and Bahamas Coach Amy Westmarland.
- For information on St. George’s Park please click here:
- To see memories from St. George’s Park and training with Mike and Amy please click here:
Day 7- A jam packed day of events starting with a trip to Stratford upon Avon, the home of William Shakespeare followed by dinner in Northampton and then a professional match between Northamption FC and Milton Keynes where our team was invited on the field as the flag wavers prior to the game.
- For information on Stratford please click here:
- For information on the home of William Shakespeare please click here:
- For memories of Stratford and Shakespeare please click here:
- For information on Northamption FC please click here:
- For memories of our professional match at Northampton FC please click here:
- To see the article from Northampton FC on ESS please click here.
Day 8- Soccer day with coach Gary Moss and an evening game vs Colby Town FC followed by a dinner and evening of bonding with the girls of Northampton FC.
- To see our memories with Gary and the team bonding with Northampton FC please click here:
Day 9- A day in London starting with a train ride into London. Once in London we broke into smaller groups to explore the city from Buckingham Palace, Covent Garden, House of Parliament, Tower of London, etc. We ended the day by taking a team trip on the London Eye and dinner downtown.
- To see our experience in London please click here:
Day 10- Soccer training in the morning with coach Amy Westmarland and Ryan Harris and then a game in the evening vs Ryan’s U13 boys academy team that featured the U15 English National Girls keeper.
- For memories of this day, including a picture of Lily after she scored twice on the English National Keeper please click here:
Day 11- A day with two different destinations, first we traveled to Stonehenge to see the history and experience the mystery that surrounds this location. From there we traveled to Salisbury to visit the Salisbury Cathedral and do some shopping and exploring.
- For information on Stonehenge please click here:
- To see our memories at Stonehenge please click here:
- For information on Salisbury and its Cathedral please click here:
- To see our memories at Salisbury and the Cathedral please click here:
Day 12- A relaxing day for the kids as they prepared to travel home, we ventured to Rushden for a quick game of foot golf before having a proper English dinner of Fish and Chips to conclude our meals at Kings Park.
Day 13- Depart Kings Park and head to London for our direct flight to Minneapolis, from Minneapolis we coach bused it back to Duluth to meet with parents. Because of the time change we departed at approximately 3pm London time and landed at 5pm Minnesota time the same day.
Please note- this was the experience of the 2019 ESS to England trip, the 2021 agenda may vary based on schedules and timing.